Further to our previous update below note the following additions for the weeks ahead
- PW will not be meeting on Thursday night
- BB and GB will not be meeting this week
- Unfortunately the BB Display (27th March) has been postponed until the summer. The BB weekend is currently under review and parents will be informed of any further decisions.
- Both bowling clubs have cancelled their meetings for the rest of the season and will reconvene at the start of the next season.
- Parents evening that was due to happen on Wednesday night with Gill Gourley has also been cancelled and will be rescheduled for another date.
- Morning worship remains with the precautions outlined below
This virus has now been declared a pandemic and whilst we do not want to panic, we recognise how serious this is, especially to our brothers and sisters who are elderly and those with underlying health conditions. We also want to do all we can to limit the spread of the virus to protect our medical professionals and delay the impact on our already overstretched NHS. The government have set guidelines which we will follow and will continue to update you through our social media about any changes.
Remember above all our faith in Jesus that cannot be shaken by illness and certainly not by fear. 366 times in the Bible we are told to not be afraid – one for everyday in a leap year. This often repeated phrase is one we need to remind ourselves. Studying the book of Proverbs in the evenings we have learned though that we must exercise our wisdom in days like these to best love and support one another. To that end we have taken the following steps:
- At Sunday services, all doors will be held open for you by our elders and committee members so that you can take your seat without touching door handles. We encourage all organisations and other meetings using our hall facilities to follow similar methods.
- We love to see each other at church and we usually greet with shaking hands or a hug. At the moment those are not the appropriate things for us to be doing. Please be wise in greeting one another and don’t take offence if people refuse.
- Offering plates will not be passed along the rows, but a plate will be at each door and you can leave your offering there either before or after our services of worship. Alternatively you can give via Direct Debit.
- We encourage all people coming on site to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser on arrival.
- We are postponing our Senior’s lunch on Monday afternoon in order to best care for our older members.
- Remember one another in prayer. Be praying for our members who will be at home unable to attend. Be mindful of elderly and vulnerable neighbours and ensure they have enough food.
- If you are struggling to get food and basic supplies please let us know and we will endeavour to help you.
If you are showing any symptoms (e.g., cough, temperature, shortness of breath, etc.) – PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND any public gathering including church, but let us know and stay connected via our website and social media.
Direct coughs and sneezes into tissues please, and as the slogan says: catch it, bin it, kill it.
Wash hands well and often with warm water. Avoid touching your face and nose.
Presbytery Service – The service in Downpatrick has been cancelled under consideration about the Coronavirus. There will be no evening service at Trinity this evening but we would encourage you to take time to pray for the situation in our world.
Young Adults – Life Explored finishes Sunday night at the Manse at 7:30 – we would love to see you there!
Seniors lunch – We are postponing our Senior’s lunch on Monday afternoon in order to best care for our older members.
SNT OUTING – the planned trip to Belfast Giants has been cancelled due to the Elite Ice Hockey leagues decision to cancel all matches for the remainder of the season
Mums and Tots – The meeting of Mums and Tots on Monday morning has been cancelled in order to best care for mums and volunteers at this time.
Facebook – Over the next few weeks the potential for the situation in Northern Ireland about the Coronavirus could change. If the situation continues we will try to keep the congregation up to date through social media with Facebook in particular. Access our social media pages @trinityboardmills on the links below or sign-up for our Mailchimp e-zine https://mailchi.mp/ce1480d3e259/trinityboardmills